Throwback to when I was an #agencylife Digital Producer. This is a day to remind myself a couple of things I learnt from being a project manager.
- Be so organised that nothing falls through the crack. Check once, check twice, check thrice, get someone else to check.
- Stay on top of what’s going on.
- Eyes on the prize, never lose sight of the finishing line.
- Take initiatives, make things easier for everybody (tiny little things count)
- Have a good understanding of the stakeholders involved: who’s making decisions, who needs to be informed, who has to provide inputs…
- Be clear about budget, timeline, resources and the project goals
- Ask questions.
- Sell the client’s dreams and sell the team’s efforts.
- The team is what you have. Work with them. Look after them. If someone has a problem, hear them out.
- Be frank about a problem. But think of a solution/suggestion before communicating the problem.
- Overcommunicate: verbally and in writing.
- Meetings: always have an agenda. Always be clear about who’s doing what after the meeting.
- Time is money. Don’t waste yours, don’t waste others.
- The best way to
illustrate an idea or explain something is with drawings and/or numbers.
- Again, be organised.
- Try not to eat at your desk – it doesn’t solve anything.
BONUS: Get the team to go out for lunch or drinks together as often as you can. It helps release tension and stress.
Happy day to all PMs.
Wordclouds.com is a free online word cloud generator and tag cloud creator.
TypographyEditor.com is a free online Typography Generator. Create your own text art, memes and typography design with ease. Design your own Posters with backgrounds, badges, borders, rulers, frames, corners and other (vintage) ornaments and add Text in beautiful fonts with backdrops and shadows. Position every object pixel perfect. Your own creativity is the limit.
“I love it because it’s a sport: it requires training, fitness, teamwork, peak performance on the day.” Src
Finally, a phrase that sums up my thoughts for advertising.
Account manager: how to ask for help?
Project manager: could you please…
Copywriter: can you just…
Account manager: really, that’s a bit harsh
Business Director: could you please…
Copywriter: you can see everybody’s personality with one simple question?
Who wouldn’t love an interactive billboard that involves some touching and taking selfies 😁
Unfortunately, Fanta Instagram looks dead boring. Eeeekkks.