Someone asked me about that after he learnt that I’m currently working full time and doing a master’s degree part time, “Why are you also doing this (Smart Seeds)?”. I felt being put on the spot at that moment so I gave a really lame answer.
Now at this very wee hour, with the luxury of a quiet late night, I contemplate this question “Why am I doing Smart Seeds?”. Here’s what I reckon:
- I have never taken part in an innovation programme of this scale so I want to experience it.
- This is going to give me the experience of
- stepping outside of my comfort zone,
- working on something that’s bigger than me and my capability,
- getting to work with a bunch of people in other industries that I would not otherwise have a chance to work with,
- getting to learn from other industries through working on a project which of course, I would not otherwise have any chance to.
- Again, an opportunity like this is not popping up often enough.
- I put my time and thoughts into the application, of course, I will follow it through upon being selected.
- This gives me a chance to be “out of the office” and have a wider perspective.