- You don’t have to agree with people, but you have to understand them.
- Words are culturally interpreted, not by their face values; therefore, bear different meanings and impact on different people. In multi-cultural environment, understand that English is not everybody’s first language.
- Cultural upbringing also has an impact on how people act in a group.
- Cultural Intelligence is:
- – Understanding that there are different cultures and beliefs
- – Be open and not telling people that they are wrong because of the things they believe in are different from what you know
- The willingness and openness to communicate and talk it out, rather than give it up and go away.
- The art of questioning: as a leader, ask questions and help people help themselves. Don’t always give suggestions and solutions. Empower people and ask good questions so people can form their own solutions.
- Simply by sailing in a new direction, you could enlarge the world – Allen Curnow
- If your actions inspire others to do more, dream more and achieve more, then you’re a leader.
- Leadership is about love:
- – You have to work with people
- – There must be a why
- Feel the fear and do it anyway.
- When you pitch, focus on the long-term outcomes.
- When giving feedback, say: It’d be better if…